Soy Products

I know I left a post before about soy products, especially soy products eaten by men. I guess soy products are a good substitute for meat protein but only in moderation. Recently I heard on a news show that another guy was suffering with pain and developing breasts. Soy beans have female hormones (estrogen) that when consumed in a large quantities men will begin to develop breasts and have other problems associated with the increase of female hormones from eating soy products.

This is the article:
Jeremy Piven Blames Soy Milk for Man Boobs
Wednesday, November 4, 2009Last updated 9:16 a.m. PT
By GINA DINUNNO TV GUIDE

First Jeremy Piven blamed sushi for mercury poisoning, and now the actor claims he grew man boobs (aka moobs) from drinking excessive amounts of soy milk.
Jeremy Piven leaves Broadway show on doctor's orders
"I was the guy that dabbled in soy milk, but now I've found out soy milk has enough estrogen for me to grow breasts," Piven told Scottish STV. "I had to put the soy milk down. It was a very confusing time."
Consumer and nutritional sciences expert Jill Hamilton-Reeves told
AOL that she learned the 44-year-old Entourage actor was drinking 12 cups (about three-quarters of a gallon) of soy milk a day. "That means he was taking in approximately 360 milligrams of isoflavones a day," Hamilton-Reeves said. "And isoflavones are what people generally believe to be responsible for any effects in male reproductive hormones."
Perhaps someone needs a lesson in moderation.


Read the article or go back in my postings and read the article from Men's Health about soy products.

1 comment:

  1. Idiot...he needs to hook up with another celebrity moron Jenny McCarthy.

    ReplyDelete